Due to the overwhelming response from the NLU community, the Connection Committee is excited to once again sponsor a Month of Service!
Throughout the month of May, staff, faculty and alumni are invited to contribute at least four hours during the work week to serve in various ways throughout their communities. If you or your colleagues are looking for volunteer opportunities, please see below. We know that many of you already volunteer throughout the year so please feel free to continue with that commitment and invite colleagues to partner with you!
The list of service opportunities thus far includes:
- Chicago River Day 05/10/2014
- Seeds of Service 05/10/2014
- Hesed House 05/11/2014
- USO Care Package Activity Lisle campus 05/15/2014
- Howard Area Community Center
- Autism Walk 05/17/2014
- Peer Services "Shining a Light on Recovery" 05/17/2014
-Volunteers needed at the Skokie Doubletree Hotel 9599 Skokie Boulevard from 5:00pm-9:00pm.
-Contact Katrina Hamilton at (847) 492-1778 x1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Habitat for Humanity
- Feed My Starving Children
- Special Olympics 05/31/2014 8:00am - 2:00pm-Volunteers needed at Senior Bowling Competition South (Bluebird Lanes 3900 West Columbus, Chicago)
-Volunteers needed at Senior Bowling Competition North (Habetler Bowl 5250 North Northwest Highway, Chicago)
-Contact Jacquelin Kogut at (773) 278-2178 or email@example.com
- Swartzberg House
Still looking for more ideas?
- All for Good helps you find and share ways to do good
- Corporation for National & Community Service UNITED WE SERVE
- Volunteer Match brings good people and good causes together
NLU's staff photographer, James Richards, will be available to take pictures of select volunteer groups based on the guidelines below. If you meet these criteria and wish to have photos taken, please contact James directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Groups of at least five people
- At least one week's notice, include date and time
- Consent of the volunteer site to allow photography
- Understanding that not all requests can be accommodated due to scheduling
All volunteers, whether individuals or groups, are welcome and encouraged to take their own pictures and send them to HR as email attachments or share on Instagram at #NLUlife.