The Civic Engagement Center is your campus resource for life-changing opportunities to learn and serve. National Louis University has always been an active and integral member of the community. We train the teachers, principals, social workers, business leaders and community developers who contribute to the health and prosperity of our cities, towns and neighborhoods. We also believe that service is one of the greatest teachers. It opens the heart while challenging the mind to solve real problems for real people. Both students and communities win when service is integrated into the curriculum.
The mission of the Civic Engagement Center (CEC) is aligned with National Louis University's mission as stated above. We seek to advance the education of students to become civic-minded, actively engaged, life-long scholars and leaders on campus, locally, throughout the nation and globally.
The Civic Engagement Center Promotes:
- Awareness of Academic Experiential Learning opportunities, to increase critical analysis and
- Partnerships among National Louis campus members and community members, built on shared passions and community development goals
- Support student development in leadership through volunteerism, advocacy, experiential learning, and various civic engagement initiatives
- Recognize student and faculty involvement in social, political and cultural, cross-cultural, local, national and international inquiry and research
- Provide service to community that enhances ethical awareness and civic responsiveness
The Benefits of Volunteering
Click here to attend Second Annual Virtual Volunteer Fair
- Establishes a network of professional contacts
- Enhances your resume
- Helps you acquire skills and knowledge that can help you both personally and professionally
- Builds confidence, self-esteem, and self-worth
- Lets you meet new and interesting people from different backgrounds
- Improves your health and well-being
- Helps an organization that truly needs it
- Makes a difference in the community
Keep Track of your Volunteer Hours by using NobleHour
NobleHour for Education is the premier hour tracking and community engagement solution for students, educators and schools. Join our community noblehour.com/NLU.
Benefits of using NobleHour
- Creates, manages and joins secure, social online communities dedicated to service learning, volunteering, co-curricular activities and work-based learning.
- Service hours are securely verified and credited online.
- After entering service hours into the system, NobleHour automatically generates reports to measure involvement and impact.
- Communication is streamlined which helps build those important connections within your community.
- Enables us to post and find opportunities, track hours, generate reports, measure impact, and save time and money.
Service Opportunities at NLU
As an NLU student, you will find opportunities for meaningful civic engagement in your courses, in local schools and through national organizations and faculty-led service trips.
- Academic Service Learning – NLU faculty work with local schools and non-profits to development coursework and group projects that directly benefit the community.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Volunteer for youth and adult literacy programs, tutor kids in math and science, or connect with a national organization like Big Brothers Big Sisters or Habitat for Humanity.
- Service Trips – Travel with NLU to New Orleans to assist and advise public and private schools in literacy and math programs, as well as help make facility improvements.
Put your NLU education to work for the good of the community.
Contact the Civic Engagement Center at 847-947-5069 or email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter @NLUcec