2015 Spring Career Expo
May 12, 2015
NLU Chicago Campus
Employer? Register here.
NLU's 2015 graduates and alumni will have the opportunity to:
- Network with employers hiring entry-level roles in business, human services, education support, healthcare, and other industries;
- Learn how to effectively navigate employers' online applications;
- Discover new organizations seeking your skills and experiences.
Getting Ready for the 2015 Spring Career Expo
I've never been to a Career Expo. What can I expect?
Check out the Photos of last year's Expo. You will meet with employers by visiting their booths, giving recruiters a copy of your resume, asking about their open positions and application processes, and answering interview questions they have for you. Come prepared! These 5-7 minute interactions could lead to a second interview later on!
Do I need to do anything before the Expo?
- Career Expo - Prep KitCareer Expo - Prep KitCareer Expo - Prep Kit for more information on what to expect, how to prepare, and what to wear.
- Research is key in ANY job search, but when it comes to a career expo, research is what will set you apart from the crowd. Pressed for time? Pick your top 5 organizations, do the research, and then add more organizations as you can.
- Develop questions to ask the recruiters. It is up to you to keep the conversation going. For example, ask questions about your application-- what qualities are your district principals looking for in their teachers? You can also ask questions about
- Prepare a 30-60 second pitch using the Building Your Branding Statement worksheet so that you can convey who you are, your relevant training and experiences, your areas of focus, and why you are unique. This is your chance to demonstrate your knowledge of the organization and to express your interest in them. Think about how your education or experience relates to the organization's needs.
What employers will be at the Spring Career Expo?
Check back regularly as employers confirm!