FAFSA Workshop Registration
Beginning October 1st, you will be able to complete your FAFSA for the following school year (2017-2018). Student Finance will be hosting workshops to assist you in filing your FAFSA early. You should file your FAFSA by December 21 (and not wait to attend a session) in order to be considered for the Illinois State Monetary Award Program (MAP) Grant.
Bring the items listed below with you. Parents are welcome. Select the day, time, and campus you would like to attend below.
Please bring the following items to the workshop:
- FSA ID username and password
- Social Security Number
- Driver's License Number
- W-2 Forms for 2015
- Your (and your spouse's, if married) 2015 Federal Income Tax Return
- Your parent's 2015 Federal Income Tax Return (if student is deemed a dependent student per FAFSA - usually means born after 1/1/1994)
- Student's (and parent's, if born after 1/1/1994) 2015 untaxed income records such as Social Security benefits, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), welfare, or veterans' benefits records.
- Student's alien registration card (permanent resident card) if not a U.S. citizen. International and undocumented students should not complete the FAFSA.
Please Note: If you or your parents have not filed your taxes, we can estimate it based on your prior year's tax return or your 2015 W-2s so please bring them with you. If you are in an undergraduate or non-degree seeking program and born after Jan 1, 1994, we will also need parent's tax information.