The College of Professional Studies and Advancement is the newest of the two colleges that form National Louis University. Since 1886, NLU has been helping students of all ages and backgrounds achieve their personal and professional goals. We offer a progressive and professional education for busy working adults that build careers and strengthens communities.
In 2014, National Louis University merged the College of Management and Business (CMB) and the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) to form the College of Professional Studies and Advancement (CPSA). CPSA is comprised of three schools: School of Health and Human Services, School of Social and Behavioral Sciences and School of Business and Management.
NLU chose to merge the colleges into one new entity that better represents the programs and areas of focus from CMB and CAS. The merger also uniquely positions NLU to ensure that we are providing a holistic, contemporary and leading edge academic and professional experience for our students. This newly merged college truly reflects our commitment to serving adult and non-traditional students, aligns the portfolio in a strategic way that makes sense to the marketplace and creates opportunities for students. CPSA will have an intensified focus on alignment with the professions for which we prepare graduates.
- Learn more about Dean Judah Viola, Ph.D.
NLU Fast Facts
- Founded in 1886
- 7 Campus locations: Illinois: Downtown Chicago, Elgin, Lisle, North Shore, Wheeling; Florida: Tampa; Wisconsin: Milwaukee
- NLU is among the top 25 most diverse national universities according to the 2013 U.S. News & World Report rankings.
- Our students enter the work force earning an estimated $43,000 per year after graduation, ranking NLU among the top five of all Illinois post-secondary schools, as cited by the College Database.
- Our M.A. in Psychology is the second largest non-clinical master’s program in psychology in Illinois.
- NLU has received more than $65 million in funding for applied research projects in urban development, childhood development, school improvement and teacher preparation
Join the CPSA community by applying today.