NLU is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students. If you are a resident of a foreign country who wants to study at NLU, please note that you must satisfy the following requirements before your I-20 can be issued. NLU faculty and staff will be there to help you on your way to getting an NLU education.
- Complete and submit your NLU Application.
- Be certain that you meet the admission requirements for your program of study.
- You must have all of your secondary, college and university foreign transcripts evaluated by one of NLU's approved foreign credential evaluation agencies. The course-by-course evaluation must verify degree equivalency of a level of education equivalent of a baccalaureate from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the U.S.
- Proof of English language proficiency is required. Please click here for details concerning NLU-approved examinations.
- The person(s) paying your tuition and living expenses while you attend NLU must complete and sign an affidavit of support, or a letter of support, in the presence of a Notary Public or First Class Magistrate. You, or your sponsor(s) must also provide a financial statement, on business stationery, indicating the amount of funds available in U.S. currency. If the sponsor(s) are U.S. citizens, or self-employed resident(s), they will need to send NLU a copy of the latest income tax return they filed.
- You or the sponsors must show documented proof of sufficient funds to defray all living and school expenses during the first year that you anticipate studying in the U.S.
- We will need a copy of your passport and, if you are currently residing in the U.S., a copy of your U.S. visa stamp and I-94 card as well.
- For F-1 visa related questions, please contact Brisbane Rouzan, Principal Designated School Official, PDSO, at BRouzan@nl.edu or 312-261-3461
All documents should be submitted to:
Office of Admissions
National Louis University
1000 Capitol Drive
Wheeling, IL 60090
Phone: 847.465.0575, x. 5151