B.S. in Health Care Leadership
National Louis University’s Bachelor of Science in Health Care Leadership degree program is geared toward students passionate about helping others through work in the health care field. Whether you’re currently working in health care and want to advance your career or looking to enter the health care industry for the first time, NLU’s B.S. in Health Care Leadership program can help you find your career path and make a difference in the lives of others. We offer this degree at our Chicago and Florida locations, as well as through an online Health Care Leadership degree program option.
Choose NLU's health care leadership bachelor's degree if you:
- Want to pursue a career in the health care industry
- Want to work in a hospital, clinic, diagnostic or private practice setting and would like to move into a leadership role
- Would like to prepare for a promotion in the health care industry
- Are considering getting your graduate degree, particularly a Master’s in Health Administration (MHA) or Business Administration (MBA)
Both experienced students and those with a first-time interest in health care will gain the leadership skills and knowledge needed to work and advance in a helping profession, including:
- Policies and regulations associated with health care delivery
- Understanding of occupation and advancement opportunities
- Teamwork and critical thinking skills
- Methods of communication and training used in health care
- Principles of health care supervision and human resource management
- Financial and physical resource administration
- Legal and ethical considerations
- Use of marketing, information technology, and strategic analysis and planning in health care
Students will complete a business plan for a health care delivery service or facility as the capstone project for the program. Students will also complete a vocational portfolio as part of the capstone course, to be used for promoting their employment and/ or advancement in the health care industry.
As the large baby-boom population ages and people remain active later in life, the health care industry as a whole will see an increase in demand for medical services. NLU's Health Care Leadership degree program helps prepare future executives for leadership roles in a wide range of health care settings, including general medical and surgical hospitals, outpatient clinics, assisted living facilities, rehabilitation centers and physicians’ offices, as well as health care education, risk management, medical supply, device marketing, and much more.
Health care professionals work in a complex and demanding regulatory environment that is subject to shifting economic pressures. The B.S. in Health Care Leadership degree program provides an in-depth understanding of this environment and offers a mix of classwork and hands-on learning that equips graduates with the management skills and perspectives needed to succeed. Features include:
- A comprehensive overview of health care occupations and delivery settings to help you pinpoint a career path
- Guest lectures, field trips and real-world case studies
- Mentoring from MHA students who are currently employed in the health care industry
- Opportunities to earn credit for life and work experience
- Quick "time-to-degree" scheduling with the option of taking classes fully online or in a blend of on-campus and online courses
Blended or 100% Online options.
Students at our Illinois and Florida locations can take advantage of NLU's Bachelor of Science in Health Care Leadership program offered in our new blended format or 100% online designed to deliver the ultimate flexibility. The blended format includes the perfect mix of online coursework combined with face-to-face, dynamic interactive learning. Florida residents who choose the online format will join a diverse community of learners from Chicago and across the nation.
All applicants must meet NLU's general admission requirements, as well as additional requirements specific to this program. Refer to the appropriate application checklist available online at nl.edu/applyonline.
Get more information today about enrolling in NLU's Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration program. Connect with an Enrollment Specialist or call 888.NLU.TODAY (888-658-8632).