B.A. in Applied Communications
National Louis University’s Bachelor of Arts in Applied Communications prepares students for the dynamic and competitive field of communication. This bachelor's in communications degree takes an integrative approach to personal, professional and academic success by combining hands-on experience, connections to current professionals in the field, and modern academics that address past, present and future trends.
Get a Free MacBook when you enroll as a full-time student.
Connect with an Enrollment Specialist for details.
Choose NLU's applied communications bachelor's degree if you:
- Want to develop negotiation, persuasion, critical-thinking and decision-making skills
- Want a program that connects you to industry professionals through a revolutionary mentorship program
- Value the mastery of oral, written and visual presentation skills
- Seek a curriculum developed and approved by some of the industry’s top professionals from Fortune 500 corporations and leading advertising and communications agency leaders
- Need the flexibility of completing your degree online and in a blended format
- Communications “savvy”, effective oral, written and visual communication skills
- Techniques for success in a global environment characterized by intercultural, multigenerational understanding and diversity
- Strategies and skills for constructing, thinking critically and delivering effective messages across multiple forms of media and communications channels
- The ability to adapt quickly in a constantly changing social, political, economic and technological society
- Practices to identify and execute legal, ethical and professional communications
NLU's Bachelor of Arts in Applied Communications degree also includes a unique mentorship program, where each student is paired with an established industry professional. You will gain first-hand exposure on how your communication skills can be leveraged for success in your degree program and future career.
Job prospects are strong for Applied Communications majors. It is estimated that 75% of a person’s day is spent communicating in some way. In our competitive economy, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills are necessary to find career success. Graduates with a Bachelor of Arts in Applied Communications are prepared for various positions in the professional world, including:
|• Communications Coordinator
• Social Media Manager
• Media Associate
• Brand Assistant
• Marketing Coordinator
|• Public Relations Manager
• Account Coordinator
• Production Assistant
• Broadcast Correspondent
The job market is competitive and employers are looking for candidates who possess a combination of skills, education and experience. A communications degree is the right step to launch your career.
NLU’s Bachelor of Arts in Applied Communications was designed with expertise from professionals in the fields of public relations, journalism, business, politics, government, human resources, social sciences, marketing and advertising. Our courses are taught by practicing communications professionals, giving you the relevant learning experience that will globally, culturally and strategically position you in the job market. The program addresses current needs in our digital society, and you will graduate ready to enhance your career and become a leader in your field.
The bachelor's in communications degree is distinguished by its flexibility. Courses are taught in a blended format with online learning and on-campus peer collaboration. The 15 core courses are taught completely online. Faculty and students gather in classroom settings once every term for collaboration and hands-on workshops.
If you're looking for a bachelor of arts in communication, this program is for you. NLU's Bachelor of Arts in Applied Communications program is a solid 180 quarter hours in length. Depending upon your prior college work and experience, the program may include general education coursework, elective coursework and coursework in the major. The curriculum is designed to meet you where you are in your college journey. In addition to college courses, students may complete credit requirements through credit by portfolio, credit by examination and credit by proficiency. Working with an academic advisor, students engage the curriculum at a point that reflects their preparation and readiness.
All applicants must meet NLU's general admission requirements as well as additional requirements specific to this program. Refer to the appropriate application checklist available online at nl.edu/applyonline.
Get more information today about enrolling at NLU. Connect with an Enrollment Specialist.