Meet our recruiters! We're friendly and open to answer questions. You can find us in multiple outlets including social media.
@nlujobs on Twitter
Here we share our job opportunities, exciting work our faculty and staff are doing and other NLU news.
Here we offer interview tips, job opportunities and share NLU news.
@nluemployees on Instagram
Follow our #NLUlife on Instagram and get an inside look at what is happening with our Staff and Faculty.
We understand applicants have questions in regards to the NLU hiring process. We hope to answer those questions through the following steps:
Step 1: Apply
We encourage you to review our open positions and once you've identified an opportunity of interest, apply. Our recruiters will review your submission against the requirements of the position and if you meet the minimum qualifications your information will be shared with our hiring managers. Please no phone calls, should a recruiter or a hiring manager need more information, you will be contacted.
If you require assistance during the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources to speak to the Director of Employment and Diversity. 847.947.5275
Note: If a position is on our website, the position is open.
Step 2: Interview
Each position and hiring manager addresses the interview process in a different way. The one thing that remains the same is the way we communicate whether via telephone, Zoom or face-to-face interviews. We strive to fill our positions in a timely manner however depending on the position a more in-depth interview process may be required and therefore increase the time in which the position is filled.
Step 3: Offer and On-boarding
Following the interview process our hiring managers will make the final decision. Offers will be extended by a member of the Human Resources team via telephone or in-person. If you are not selected for a specific role after your interview, you will receive communication from the Office of Human Resources.
Accepting a position begins our on-boarding process and new hires will receive additional communication regarding the offer and the initial paperwork.
- Include your contact information
- Choose a basic font no smaller than 10 point
- Use action words that will make your resume stand out
- Prioritize the content of your resume so that your most important and relevant experience is listed first, with key accomplishments listed at the top of each position
- Highlight strengths most relevant to the specific job opportunity and role
- Double check for grammar or spelling errors
National Louis University provides access to quality higher education that nurtures opportunity for students through innovative teaching, scholarship, community engagement, and service excellence. We are looking for applicants who share this passion for education.
- Be prepared - Without disclosing the exact questions asked during the interview, be prepared to discuss your past accomplishments and how they relate to the position of interest.
- Ask questions - get to know National Louis University and the position. It is imporant to understand the full role to determine your fit with the position and the University.
We understand when applying for a position, not knowing the status can be stressful. That is why we provide an applicant status in our candidate portal. Click here to login to your account and check your status.
Please be patient if the status has not changed. Events may occur unrelated to you or your application causing a slower recruiting process.
Thank you for your interest in National Louis University. Equal Opportunity Employer.