Contact an Enrollment Specialist for more information about the AU-ABC/NLU partnership benefits.
Apply to NLU
Our campus community reflects the diversity of Chicago’s neighborhoods and is comprised of various ethnic groups, races and cultures.
NLU’s Veterans program offers:
- No application fee Click here to apply
- Tuition discounts
- Book Vouchers (need-based)
- Maximum credit hours awarded for military experience as per ACE (American Council on Education) guidelines.
- Military-friendly withdrawal and re-admission policies.
- Student Veterans of America chapter provides support, camaraderie and professional development opportunities to student veterans.
- Director, Student Veteran Coordination dedicated to assisting veteran/military-connected students and ensuring their needs are met.
- Online and flexible classes to accommodate the scheduling needs of Active duty, Reserve and National Guard students.
- Accelerated bachelor’s degree completion programs; depending on transfer credit awarded, some programs can be completed in 15 months.
- Flexible admissions and school schedule based on the quarter system which allows two start dates per term allowing a student re-enroll throughout the year.
- Advisory council with various military and professional backgrounds dedicated to developing and mentoring our student veterans.
- VA School certifying official available to assist students with their VA benefits. The following VA education benefits may be used while attending NLU:
- Chapter 30-Montgomery GI Bill
- Chapter 31-Vocational Rehabilitation-Veterans with Disabilities
- Chapter 33-Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 35-Survivors and Dependents Assistance program
- Chapter 1606-Montgomery GI Bill—Selected Reserve
- Yellow Ribbon Program
- Tuition Assistance
We know you are busy, but an NLU education is designed to fit your life. For assistance please contact the Veterans program director: 312-261-3262, Veteran Service Coordinator: 312-261-3241 or email: email@example.com.