The Career Development Office is uniquely positioned to provide our military connected students with resources and services to help with the transition to the civilian workplace.
- Career Advising — Our Employer Outreach Specialist works closely with our military connected population. She is available to meet with students for individualized career coaching as well as:
- Skill, personality and interest assessments
- Resume development
- Mock interview preparation
- Job search planning
- Military-Specific Online Career Tool — NLU offers an intensive career tool, specifically designed for transitioning military members, covering everything from how to market your skills to preparing for interviews and negotiating your salary. Please contact Emily Drake for your exclusive access code and instructions.
- Networking — Connecting to careers, opening doors and making introductions is the most valuable resource NLU provides our students. Along with NLU’s reputation in a wide variety of industries, the University also has access to our own Veteran’s Initiative Advisory Committee and NLU alumni network to assist in connecting us with employers who truly are “military friendly”— connections that we share with our job-seeking students.
- Seminars and Workshops — Check our Military Events page regularly for seminars, workshops and webinars designed to help you transition into the workplace.
- Job Postings — NLU’s Virtual Career Network offers job postings that are updated daily and diverse in scope. In addition, we also distribute a Hot Jobs email highlighting openings that are timely and companies that are hoping to hire immediately.
- Government — Through NLU’s involvement with the Government College Relations Council, we are developing relationships with recruiters and influencers at the federal and local level.
- Veterans Lounge — The NLU Veterans Lounge offers a comfortable environment on our Chicago campus where military students can job search and network with their peers.
If you are a military connected student currently enrolled at NLU, please contact Emily Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.261.3322 to schedule an appointment.