NLU’s Veterans Program provides support services for Active duty, Veterans, Reservists, National Guardsman and their immediate family members, helping them smoothly transfer from the military to academia and eventually to a career in the civilian workplace.
If you are currently a NLU military-connected student who needs assistance or has a question regarding our program or support services please contact the Veterans program director: 312-261-3262, Veteran Service Coordinator: 312-261-3241 or email: Vetedctr@nl.edu
NLU Offers :
Strategies for Success
Reading and Writing Effectively
- Pathways to gaining college credit for military training and experience
- NLU chapter of Student Veterans of America
- Newly renovated McCormick Foundation Veterans Resource Center & Lounge (main campus, Suite 5044)
- Military tuition discounts and book vouchers
- Dedicated educational assistance, professional/career development, and social events
- Individual & group tutoring in conjunction with Library & Learning Support
- An Employer Outreach Specialist and career tools to help students find work opportunities
- Air University Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative NLU Partnership Program (AU-ABC) The Air University Program is a partnership between the Air Force and civilian higher education institutions to offer Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) graduates with opportunities to earn their bachelor's degree.
Veterans Helping Veterans
Ramon Prieto, Army; Paul Millbrandt, Army; Faculty Advisor: David SanFilippo, Navy; Marsha Watson, Navy.
Our Advisory Council is made up of twenty-one volunteers representing all four services.
How Is Our Veterans Program Different?
The Veterans Program helps students find support provided by NLU and partner organizations, including: