NLU’s Veterans Program provides support services for active and veteran military students, helping them smoothly transfer from the military to academia and eventually to a career in the civilian workplace.
If you are currently a NLU military-connected student who needs assistance or has a question regarding our program or support services please contact the Veterans program director: 312-261-3262, Veteran Service Coordinator: 312-261-3241 or email: Vetedctr@nl.edu
NLU Offers Student Veterans:
- Pathways to gaining college credit for military training and experience
- NLU chapter of Student Veterans of America
- Newly renovated McCormick Foundation Veterans Resource Center & Lounge (main campus, Suite 5044)
- Military tuition discounts and book vouchers
- Dedicated educational assistance, professional/career development, and social events
- Individual & group tutoring in conjunction with Library & Learning Support
- An Employer Outreach Specialist and career tools to help students find work opportunities
Ramon Prieto, Army; Paul Millbrandt, Army; Faculty Advisor: David SanFilippo, Navy; Marsha Watson, Navy.
Our Advisory Council is made up of twenty-one volunteers representing all four services.
How Is Our Veterans Program Different?
The Veterans Program helps students find support provided by NLU and partner organizations, including: