NLU’s Veterans Program provides support services for active and veteran military students, helping them smoothly transfer from the military to academia and eventually to a career in the civilian workplace.
NLU Offers Military Students:
- A financial aid contact to help navigate benefit options
- Tuition discounts and book vouchers
- Credit hours for military experience
- A Student Veterans of America Chapter
- Military members overseeing the program
- Online classes
- A Veterans Lounge at our main campus
- Frequent events for military students
- An Advisory Committee of 21 volunteers with varying military backgrounds
- An Employer Outreach Specialist and career tools to help students find work opportunities
- The Air University (AU) Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (ABC) program is a partnership between the Air Force and civilian higher education institutions to offer Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) graduates with opportunities to earn their bachelors degree
How Is Our Veterans Program Different?
The Veterans Program helps students find support provided by NLU and partner organizations, including:
If you are currently a military connected student, and have any questions related to one of these services, please contact the Program at (312) 261-3262 or VetsEdCtr@nl.edu.