UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS TRANSFER CREDIT GUIDE
Community College Transfers
Community college students who plan to complete their bachelor’s degrees at NLU can use our dynamic Transfer Articulation Guide to learn how their credit will transfer to NLU programs. Community college students matriculating from colleges that are not available on the drop-down menu should contact their enrollment specialists for general transfer credit information.
Per the University Undergraduate Residency Policy Requirement, a minimum of 45 QH must be taken at NLU, including the last 12 QH (minimum of three courses) taken for the degree.
All bona fide college level courses, appropriate to the program to be pursued, may be applied toward National Louis University’s undergraduate degree programs if the coursework meets the following criteria:
- The courses are normally applicable to a baccalaureate program.
- The courses were taken at an institution with CHEA-recognized accreditation (note: NCE accepts only credit from regionally accredited institutions).
- The student received a “C” grade (GPA of 2.0/4.0) or better.
Note: The way in which credit is applied toward the degree is at the discretion of the University.
Evaluation of transfer coursework toward specific degree program requirements is completed by the Registrar's Office, in consultation with the academic departments at the time of admission. Admitted students should work with their academic advisor in completing their degree plan. All credit considered of appropriate level, content and applicability to the degree program being pursued may be accepted for transfer according to established admissions standards.
The following restrictions apply:
- Physical Education: Only up to three quarter hours of physical education credit may be accepted.
- Program-specific transfer credit limits: Up to 60 quarter hours of technical credit may be accepted by the following programs: Applied Behavioral Sciences, Health Care Leadership, Management and Management Information Systems.
- Mathematics courses: Students planning to take a mathematics course at another institution must receive written approval from their academic advisor before enrolling to ensure the course will be accepted for transfer credit.
- Military Experience and Training Credit (ACE approved): All College of Professional Studies and Advancement programs accept ACE credit. ACE credit can be used for General Education and electives only. It cannot be used to fulfill major, minor or concentration requirements. Programs in the National College of Education do not accept ACE credit.
- There may be additional limits to the acceptance of different kinds of credit according to the specific degree program.
Students whose academic work was not performed in the United States are asked to provide official transcripts or an appropriate equivalent documentation of their work. Certified English translations of such documents may be required. In addition, students may be required to submit their foreign credentials to one of several approved foreign credentials evaluation services. Credit will be awarded only after official documents have been received and appropriately evaluated.
Examples of academic work that must be submitted to one of the approved foreign credentials evaluation services include:
- Credit taken at any institution that is not located in the United States.
- Study Abroad credit that is not offered through an institution located in the United States.
Credit may also be granted for credit recommendations made by the American Council on Education. This includes the council’s military evaluations program and the National College Credit Recommendation Service.
For more information about transferring to NLU, connect with an Enrollment Specialist today.