New student orientation for all National Louis University undergraduates is called FastForward.
During FastForward, our team of academic advisors will explain important university policies and introduce you to the full menu of resources and student services at your disposal. FastForward sessions are held on campus, as well as other on-site locations and online. You are required to attend an orientation session before the end of your first term.
What Happens at Orientation?
We require all new undergraduates to attend FastForward because we want you to feel at home at NLU and take advantage of all of our student resources and services. Here is what to expect from FastForward orientation:
- We will present an overview of NLU departments and support services
- You will learn about graduation requirements
- We will introduce you to the Academic Advising Center
- You will take a writing assessment to gauge your strengths and weaknesses as a writer
- We will give a financial aid presentation and hand out information to help make your education more affordable
- You will learn about additional options for earning credit toward your NLU degree, including credit for prior learning.
Students in one of our accelerated online programs will participate in an online orientation.
Reserve Your Spot at Orientation
Contact the Academic Advising Center at 800.443.5522, ext. 5900, or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a seat at an upcoming orientation session.