In order to receive textbooks prior to the start of classes, you may request a book advance check or eCampus voucher. Book advances and vouchers are available three weeks before the start of term until noon the Friday before classes begin. You are required to fill out a Book Advance and eCampus Voucher Form available online or at any NLU location if you have not had an advance or voucher processed within the last two school terms. Please note that for your first term of enrollment at NLU, only the eCampus Book Voucher is available to you.
- A complete financial aid file with funding available to cover tuition, fees and book costs, (please visit Financial Aid for information on how to apply for financial aid)
- Confirmation from an outside agency specifically stating that book charges are an eligible item to be included on the invoice sent to the agency
An eCampus book voucher is a line of credit set up on the eCampus.com website in your name. Vouchers are up to $150.00 per class. You will be contacted via email within 24 hours of your request and your account will be activated. Then, simply sign on to eCampus and purchase your books. The amount of your purchase is charged to your NLU student account.
A check advance is a book advance issued in check form to purchase books outside the eCampus bookstore. Check advances are up to $150.00 per class.
For students who received an advance or eCampus voucher during a previous term:
- We will automatically process recurring summer term advances/vouchers beginning June 4, 2013
- All advance checks or eCampus voucher credits will be available beginning the week of June 10, 2013
- Look for an email sent directly to your NLU email address with more information regarding the availability of your check or eCampus credit
For students who did not receive an advance or eCampus voucher during a previous term:
- You should complete the Book Advance and eCampus Voucher Form and email it to email@example.com
- We will begin reviewing and processing these requests June 10, 2013
- If this is your first term, you may only request a book voucher
- Look for an email sent to your NLU email address with information on check advance or eCampus credit availability. We will process these requests as quickly as we can
If you have any questions, please contact the book advance team at firstname.lastname@example.org.