What is Work Study?
Work study is a part-time job that helps pay for your National Louis University education. The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program pays you an hourly wage for a job on the NLU campus or with an approved community organization. Work study is a need-based form of financial aid, and eligibility is determined by the information you provide on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Benefits of Work Study
We do our best to match work-study students with jobs related to your field of interest. Here are some of the benefits of work study at NLU:
- Hands-on work experience in your field
- Development of marketable skills
- Professional development and support
- Convenient locations on and off campus
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate students
- Competitive pay rates
How to Apply for Work Study
Follow these steps to get a great work-study job at NLU:
- Complete and submit the following student employment forms to the Federal Work-Study coordinator at FWS@nl.edu or fax them to 847.465.5894
- Application for Student Employment
- Acknowledgement and Confidentiality Form
- Control Substance Abuse Form
- Payroll Data Form
- IL W4 Form
- IRS W4 Form
- Employment Eligibility I-9 Form
- You will receive a work-study award notification via e-mail
- Search the work-study Web site for open positions
- Contact the work-study supervisor listed with the position and send a resume and cover letter
- If you are chosen for the position, have your supervisor sign the Student Employment Authorization Form and send it to the work-study coordinator
- Start working and earning money toward your education!
Open Work Study Positions for 2012-2013
Below is a list of Work Study Positions for the 2012-2013 academic year. Applications for these positions are received on a daily basis, please verify with the hiring supervisor that the position is still available. Feel free to check back often for new listings.
At this time, NLU is not filling Federal Work Study positions. Please check this site in the middle of the Spring 2013 term, as availability of open positions will be re-evaluated at that time.
Hire NLU Students
If you are an NLU department or an off-campus organization that wants to hire hard working NLU students, please contact the Office of Student Finance to learn more about the approval and hiring process.
National Louis is proud to partner with Community Service Agencies who wish to hire a student employee. Below are the necessary forms to post a position with NLU and request a student employee. These forms should be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 847.947.5443.
Below is a listing of current federal work study job openings at off campus Community Service Agencies.
At this time, NLU is not filling Federal Work Study positions at off campus Community Service Agencies. Please check this site at the start of the Spring 2013 term, as availability of open positions will be re-evaluated at that time.