The Center for Teaching through Children's Books is a partnership between National Louis University Library and National Louis University College of Education.
The Center for Teaching through Children’s Books is dedicated to excellence in teaching with quality literature for children and adolescents.
The Center for Teaching through Children's Books at National Louis University is dedicated to:
- Excellence in teaching with quality literature for children and adolescents.
- Considering multicultural and international literature a core resource for learning about the world.
- Promoting issues of social justice in curriculum using children's books.
- Fostering a community of children's literature educators and scholars.
- Providing outreach activities and programs to support librarians and teachers.
- Embracing digital forms of literature and information as resources and tools.
- Partnering with schools, libraries, organizations, and committed individuals to support this mission through collaborative efforts sharing materials, resources and expertise.
Visit us at:
National Louis University
North Shore Campus
5202 Old Orchard Road, Suite 300
Skokie, IL 60077-4409
Exit 35 at Old Orchard Road, Just west of I-94, Third Floor in the NLU Library
Directions available at http://www.nl.edu/t4/about/campuslocations/illinois/
NLU North Shore Library Hours:
Call Circulation Desk for current hours 224.233.2288
Please contact us for information and a tour of current Center exhibits or if you would like to discuss partnering opportunities. CTCB@nl.edu
Thank you for joining with us to celebrate children's books. We look forward to seeing you at the Center very soon.