If you are a resident of a foreign country who wants to study at NLU, please note that you must satisfy the following requirements before your I-20 can be issued. NLU faculty and staff will be there to help you on your way to getting an NLU education.
- Complete My NLU Application.
- Pay a non-refundable $40 application fee in U.S. currency to NLU by cash, check or money order.
- Be certain that you meet the admissions requirements for your program of study.
- If you want an undergraduate degree, please forward English translations and official educational credential evaluations of transcripts from all of the secondary school, college and universities you have attended.
- If you want a graduate degree, please forward English translations and official educational credential evaluations of transcripts from all of the secondary school, college and universities you have attended. Use NLU's approved list of foreign credential evaluators. The evaluation must verify degree equivalency of a level of education equivalent of a baccalaureate from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the U.S.
- You meet all TOEFL REQUIREMENTS. Proof of English language proficiency is required. Please click here for details concerning NLU-approved examinations.
- The person(s) paying your tuition and living expenses while you attend NLU, your sponsors, must complete and sign an affidavit of support, or a letter of support, in the presence of a Notary Public or First Class Magistrate. They must also provide a signed statement from their employer, on business stationery, indicated the date and nature of their employment, their salary, and if the position is temporary or permanent. If the sponsor(s) are U.S. citizens, or self-employed resident(s), they will need to send NLU a copy of the latest income tax return they filed.
- You must prove that you have sufficient funds to defray all living and school expenses during the entire period that you anticipate studying in the U.S.
- We require proof of current health insurance and immunization records.
- We will need a copy of your passport and, if you are currently residing in the U.S., a copy of your U.S. visa stamp and I-94 card as well.
Send all documents to:
Office of Admissions
1000 Capitol Drive
Wheeling, IL 60090
Phone: 847.465.0575, x. 5151