National Louis University wants to make an investment in you. If you have what it takes to be a future leader in your career and your community please consider applying for the National Louis University Harrison Fellows Scholarship. As a Harrison Fellow, you will join a tight-knit family of NLU students with demonstrated leadership potential. Harrison Fellows come from a wide range of age groups and backgrounds creating a diverse community of leaders and learners.
Harrison Fellows Scholarship Criteria
Please consider applying for the Harrison Fellows Scholarship if you:
- Have 90 or fewer transfer credit hours
- Have a 2.5 or higher high school/transfer GPA OR
- 19 or higher composite ACT score
- Agree to attend full-time (12+ quarter hours per term) during the day on the Chicago campus
- Enroll in one of the 5 eligible daytime degree programs
Harrison Fellows Scholarship Programs
Choose from five career-launching undergraduate daytime programs, each with a focus on professional and community development:
- Business Administration (B.A.) – Students learn in the context of real-world challenges and develop the essential interpersonal strengths, foundation of business skills, and communication skills necessary to succeed on the job.
- Human Services (B.A.) – Students expand their understanding of human behavior and development and apply that new knowledge to counseling and management situations so they can make a positive impact in the world.
- Early Childhood Education (B.A.) – Prepares students to work with children from birth through age eight. Upon successful completion, graduates will earn a Type 04 Illinois teaching license.
- Elementary Education (B.A.) – This program is designed to train teachers for success in classrooms and as school leaders. It has a special emphasis on teaching math and upon successful completion graduates will earn a Type 03 Illinois teaching license.
- Special Education (B.A.) – Designed for students looking to gain their LBS1 licensure in order to make a difference in the lives of children with learning challenges. You will learn how to best educate students with disabilities in accordance with federal and state policies and upon successful completion graduates will earn a Type 10 Illinois teaching license.
Applying for the Harrison Fellows Scholarship
Follow the steps below to apply
- Download and complete the NLU application
- Requires a reference letter from a sponsor at community based organization to submit with your application
- Once admitted to NLU you will be invited to Chicago campus for a fellowship interview
Ongoing Scholarship Criteria
- The scholarship can be awarded until the student has reached 180 quarter hours of combined transfer and institutional coursework
- Must maintain full-time (12+ quarter hours per term) enrollment in primarily daytime courses
- Students must adhere to the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy of National Louis University
To learn more about the Harrison Fellow Scholarship, complete the Request More Information form on the right or call 888.NLU.TODAY (888.658.8632).