For more than 125 years, National Louis University has offered a progressive and professional education that builds careers and strengthens communities. Our mission is to provide a superior and supportive educational experience for students of all ages and backgrounds. Learn more about who we are and what NLU can do for you.
- Founded: 1886
- Private, non-denominational
- 3 Colleges:
- 7 Campus locations: Illinois: Downtown Chicago, Elgin, Lisle, North Shore, Wheeling; Florida: Tampa; Wisconsin: Milwaukee
- Total enrollment (2012): 8,376
- Graduate: 6,506 (78%)
- Undergraduate: 1,870 (22%)
- Female: 78%
- Part-time: 92%
- African-American/Hispanic/Asian-Pacific Islander/Native American: 33%
- Average age: 34 (undergraduate), 36 (graduate)
- 65,000 living alumni
- 14 undergraduate/bachelor’s programs
- 30 master’s programs
- 10 postgraduate Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS)
- 4 postgraduate Education Specialist (Ed.S.)
- 7 doctoral programs
- 7 online degree programs
- 91 percent of classes have fewer than 20 students
Points of Pride
- Alumni of NLU’s National College of Education have earned 59 Golden Apple Awards–one of the most prestigious teacher honors in the State of Illinois–more than any other school of education.
- NLU is among the top 25 most diverse national universities according to the 2013 U.S. News & World Report rankings.
- Our M.A. in Psychology is the second largest non-clinical master’s program in psychology in Illinois.
- NLU has received more than $65 million in funding for applied research projects in urban development, childhood development, school improvement and teacher preparation