National Louis University’s Learning and Information Technology Services (LITS) provides the computer resources and services needed for the scholarly pursuits of students at teachers at NLU, including instruction, research and library services.
You automatically receive an NLU e-mail account when you register for class. As the official form of communication for the university, it’s the place to go for important information about anything NLU — so check your e-mail often to see what’s new and what’s happening. You will also have an e-mail account automatically created in NLU's online campus D2L. Your instructors may use this account for information on course work and assignments.
The Help Desk team is on call 24/7 and is your first stop for technical support. To reach the Help Desk, call 866.813.1177, dial x4357 on campus or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LITS supports both PC- and Mac-based computer labs for student, faculty and staff use. To use the NLU computer labs, you must have a valid NLU ID.
All computer labs labeled as classrooms are designed for use by instructors. Classroom labs are available during some portion of the day for general student use. Walk-in labs are dedicated totally for student use. This is a more detailed list of the computer lab resources available at select NLU campuses:
- Chicago: 4 PC classroom labs (4024, 4036, 4038, 4044), 1 PC walk-in lab (4046), 1 Mac lab (4042)
- Elgin: 1 PC classroom lab (113)
- Lisle: 2 PC classroom labs (850-302 & 850-320), 1 PC walk-in lab (850-113), 1 Mac lab (850-321)
- North Shore: 2 PC classroom labs (627 & 628), 1 PC walk-in lab (374), 1 Mac lab (633)
- Wheeling: 2 PC classroom labs (331 & 344), 1 PC walk-in lab (114), 1 Mac lab (332)
- Milwaukee: 1 PC classroom lab (128)
- Tampa: 1 PC classroom lab
Students and faculty can purchase computers and software through selected educational discount programs, including those run by Apple and Dell. LITS has more information available on discounted technology.