As a major cultural institution in Chicago, the Art Institute is committed to inspiring and educating the public by sharing its world-renowed resouces. Founded as both a museum and a school in 1879, the Art Institute strives to offer the highest quality collections, exhibitions, and programming. Through a University Partnership between National Louis University and the Art Institute of Chicago, all National Louis University Undergraduate and Graduate students gain unprecedented access to the wealth of resources at the Art Institute.
As a National Louis University student you have access to
- Free admission to the museum with your NLU Student ID, including all special exhibitions, lectures and programs
- Over 400,000 print titles in the Ryerson and Burnham libraries. Processed archival collections are included in the library's catalog and are accessible to all museum visitors
- Free admission for you and your family & friends during quarterly NLU Family Night at the Art Institute.
NLU Family Festival at the Art Institute
Join us, Saturday, June 7th for an NLU Family Festival.
Once each quarter, National Louis University students, faculty, and staff — and their friends and family — are invited to a special day at the museum. Enjoy Free Admission to the Art Institute.
Registration is required at the Michigan Avenue Lobby entrance. National Louis students, staff, faculty will show their school ID in exchange for complimentary admission tickets at the registration table. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
June 7th Family Festival Events
- Participate in an interactive art installation.
- Live storytelling concert experience at 11:30 and 1:00.
- Enjoy a family gallery walk at 11:30 and 1:00
- Meet artist-in-residence Tom Burtonwood
10% discount on purchases of $25 or more in the Museum Shop for all NLU Family Night participants.
10% off at Caffé Moderno. Located on the second floor of the Modern Wing.