Teacher Prep Degree Programs
As Chicagoland’s premiere “teacher of teachers,” NLU also offers a wide range of M.A.T. and B.A. education degree options.
Want to enroll in a teacher-preparation program at NLU? If so, you must take and pass the Illinois Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP). Passing the TAP is required before you can be admitted into a teacher preparation program.
If you're nervous about taking the TAP for the first time or have had trouble passing the TAP, NLU offers courses that serve as a targeted review of the skills necessary to pass. It's highly recommended you take all three courses if you are new to the TAP.
The courses will be offered according to the schedule, below. In addition:
- Three courses are available, one for each TAP sub-area, which you can take individually or as a set: Math, Language Arts and Reading Comprehension.
- Each course has three sessions total, one per week. Each session lasts three hours. If you register for all three courses, you will take nine hours a week.
Benefits of the TAP courses:
- Computer-based practice tests simulate the TAP test and are completed prior to enrolling in the course and during the last week of the course to assess the student's progress throughout the course
- A personalized plan will be created by the end of the course, recommending ways to strengthen weak areas
- Courses are aligned with NLU term starts to allow students time to take and pass the TAP before their program begins the next term
- If all three courses are taken and passed, NLU will reimburse for cost of one TAP attempt*
Connect with an enrollment specialist today to register for the courses or to learn more!
Call: 888-658-8632 option 1
Request Info: www.nl.edu/requestinfo
TAP Course Schedule
June/July 2015: Chicago Campus
Tuesday, June 30, July 7 & 14
Language Arts/Writing– 6-9pm
Wednesday, July 1, 8 & 15
Mathematics – 6-9pm
Thursday, July 2, 9 & 16
* $41.67 per sub-area course and $125.01 for all three courses.