Teacher Prep Degree Programs
As Chicagoland’s premiere “teacher of teachers,” NLU also offers a wide range of M.A.T. and B.A. education degree options.
Want to enroll in a teacher-preparation program at NLU? If so, you must take and pass the Illinois Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP).* Passing the TAP is required before you can be admitted into a teacher preparation program.
If you're nervous about taking the TAP for the first time or have had trouble passing the TAP, NLU offers intensive courses that serve as a targeted review of the skills necessary to pass. It's highly recommended you take all three courses if you are new to the TAP.
- Three courses are available, one for each TAP sub-area, which you can take individually or as a set: Math, Language Arts and Reading Comprehension.
- Each course has three sessions total, one per week. Each session lasts three hours. If you register for all three, you will take nine hours a week.
SPRING TERM COURSE SCHEDULE COMING SOON
Benefits of the TAP courses:
- Computer-based practice tests simulate the TAP test and are completed in the first and last week to assess the student's progress throughout the course
- A personalized plan will be created by the end of the course, recommending ways to strengthen weak areas
- Courses are aligned with NLU term starts to allow students time to take and pass the TAP before their program begins the next term
- If all three courses are taken, NLU will reimburse for cost of one TAP attempt**
Connect with an enrollment specialist today to register for the courses or to learn more!
Call: 888-658-8632 option 1
Request Info: www.nl.edu/requestinfo
* Please note that you get only 5 lifetime attempts to pass the TAP and must wait 60 days after each try before taking the test again, if needed.
** $41.67 per sub-area course and $125.01 for all three.