Career advising can help by guiding you through exploration of yourself and your career options, by empowering you to take ownership of your job search, and by collaborating with you so you may achieve your professional goals.
To get started with the CDO:
Check out what we expect from our advises and what you can expect from our office!
Looking for a plan? Click here to plan your career milestones.
Students and Alumni who have access to their NLU portal:
**Don't have access to your NLU portal? Call the Technical Services HelpDesk (866-813-1177) to regain access and then follow these steps.**
1. Log into your student portal and click Career Beam
2. In the Career Exploration dropdown, select Quick Profile.
3. Complete the Quick Profile by clicking the blue Start button.
4. Contact us to schedule at an appointment.
Are you in need of long-term career coaching support?
The Career Transitions Center of Chicago (CTC) is a not-for-profit organization which provides support to those seeking a job, looking for meaningful work or otherwise undergoing a career transition. National Louis University students, alumni, staff and faculty receive a discount on CTC's career programming.
The overarching goal of CTC is to successfully facilitate the job searches and career transitions of its clients through training, support and fellowship. They provide clients with the following services:
- 40+ volunteer Job Coaches provide advice on every phase of the job search including skills and talent assessment, development of marketing tools (resumes, letters, etc.), plans of action, company and industry research, job interviewing, compensation negotiations, networking, and more;
- Over 200 employment workshops for conducting a successful job search [resumes, networking, interviewing; negotiating] are offered every year;
- Two weekly Peer Support Groups featuring speakers and networking opportunities;
- 10 workstations with computers, internet connections and phones for conducting job search activities.
Virtual Career Services
With the launch of CTC Virtual Services, you can use the coaching and proven search assistance of CTC wherever you live in the U.S. or Canada. This twelve-week program gets you farther faster using coaching (phone, Skype, etc.) and Web-based tools, as well as a phone-based peer group focused expressly on stepping up your networking effectiveness and confidence. Thinking about what’s next or what’s possible in your career? Your qualified CTC job/career coach will help you define your vision, build a compelling case for employment, initiate outreach and identify opportunities, prepare for interviews and organize a project plan to keep you focused and progressing. To find out more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the CTC Brochure for more details about the center's offerings.
Career Transitions Center of Chicago
703 W. Monroe St.
Chicago, IL 60661
Phone: (312) 906-9908