How can career twists and turns, ups and downs, and opportunities that seem to come from 'out of the blue' help you build career success? In your career, as often is the case in life, you discover things that you were not in quest of. 'Serendipity' is an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident. Career Serendipity occurs when you widen your personal horizons, practice keen observation, recognize viable opportunities and seize the moment to create your own career good luck. Career Serendipity can be your secret advantage in building career success.
This course will help you learn how to create your own career good luck. It provides activities, self-discovery and learning that will enable you to:
- Assess your career journey thus far.
- Tap into a world of opportunities.
- Recognize 'career noise' and how to quiet it so you can seize the opportunities before you.
- Filter opportunities to ensure alignment with your core values, career vision and personal brand.
- Employ the 'Four Secrets of Career Serendipity' to build your brilliant career.
Creating Your Own Career Good Luck
Starts: Dates TBA
"Career Serendipity has helped me identify opportunities for building my career within my own organization. I used the three 'Career Opportunity Filters' — core values, career vision and personal brand - to determine where I want to go in my career and how I'll get there. This is the best program I have ever seen for learning the secrets to true career self-reliance!"
— Glenette Alston, Depart Head, Safety Training & Information Technology
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory