2014 Conference Survey
The 2014 Annual Illinois Comprehensive Literacy and Reading Recovery® Conference is designed to provide excellent professional development opportunities for K-8 classroom, Reading Recovery, intervention, Special Education teachers, literacy coaches, reading specialists, school and district administrators.
Reading Recovery is a research-proven early intervention designed to give the most tangled first grade learners early access to Tier I instruction. Reading Recovery operates within a comprehensive literacy system as an RTI approach designed to improve student achievement through continuously renewing teacher expertise and leadership.
Conference sessions emphasize the dynamic, continuous relationship between the school literacy curriculum and the educational agencies and policies that influence systemic renewal.
- increasing professional knowledge about school improvement methods and RTI
- extending understanding of how children learn to read and write
- exploring issues of effective early intervention instruction and implementation of Reading Recovery
- expanding leadership and political advocacy at the school, district, state, and national levels
- examining and reviewing the latest instructional materials and evidence based instructional methods for reversing reading difficulties
School Leadership Institute
The School Leadership Institute will be held on Thursday, January 23, 2014. There will be a series of sessions tailored for school leaders including Reading Recovery Site Coordinators, Principals, Literacy Coaches, and others related to leading school improvement process, developing and sustaining professional learning communities, and using student achievement data to plan professional development. Educational leaders will present the Institute sessions.
Who should attend: Reading Recovery Site Coordinators, PCL Network Leaders, IL Network of Literacy Administrators, District Administrators, School Principals, and Literacy Leaders.