25th Annual Comprehensive Literacy and Reading Recovery Conference
Celebrating 30 Years of Reading Recovery Implementations Across the United States
The 2016 Annual Illinois Comprehensive Literacy and Reading Recovery® Conference is designed to provide superb professional development and networking opportunities for K-9 classroom teachers, intervention (Reading Recovery, Special Education, ESL) teachers, instructional coaches, program specialists, and administrators.
Reading Recovery is an evidence-based professional development model designed to ensure that the children who struggle the most with early literacy learning gain the skills they need to access a literate and productive future.
Both Reading Recovery and the Comprehensive Literacy Model support professional learning and leadership networks within and across school systems focused on continuously improving outcomes for all students.
Conference sessions emphasize the dynamic integration of literacy learning across the curriculum within the educational agencies and policies that influence systemic school renewal.
Opportunities For Learning More About...
- The Common Cores State Standards and essentials of school improvement
- Close Reading and Deep Comprehension
- Using Data to Improve Teaching and Learning
- How children begin learning to read and write
- Highly effective intervention instruction
- Reading Recovery, Descubriendo La Lectura, Literacy Lessons, Special Education, ESL instruction
- The latest instructional publications and materials
Educational Leadership Strand
On Thursday, January 21, 2016, a special session strand will be offered for school administrators and leaders including Reading Recovery Site Coordinators, Principals, Literacy Coaches, and others related to specialized role of leading school improvement process.