The Reading Center offers several yearly institutes for teachers, most of which also have the option for graduate credit. They include:
- The Summer Teacher Renewal Seminar: Offered in partnership with The Suburban Council of The International Reading Association (SCIRA) during the summer. These annual seminars are designed to update in-service teachers on the latest issues and advances in literacy instruction. The Summer 2017 Conference will feature Jennifer Serravallo on reading strategies and structures.
- See the SCIRA informational flyer for more information: SCIRA 2017 Summer Conference
- See the course informational flyer and registration form:
- School Year Institutes: Offered in partnership with The Suburban Council of The International Reading Association during each quarter. The Fall 2017 Conference will feature Lindsey Moses on supporting English learners in the reading workshop. Visit: http://scira.weebly.com/conferences.html and our Students and Alumni page for more information.
- The Reading Leadership Institute: A networking and professional development meeting for staff and curriculum leaders. Members, who are curriculum directors, coaches, administrators and other literacy leaders, participate in networking and learning sessions led by major national speakers at least three times per year. The setting for these presentations is intimate, providing opportunity for participants to interact with one another and the speaker. For more information about RLI, please contact Dr. Debbie Gurvitz at email@example.com.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Mary Hoch
Director, The Reading Center