The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning at NLU
The Office of Teaching and Learning at National Louis University is committed to fostering collaborative relationships with faculty and developing joint initiatives that lead to greater overall student learning and success.
The Faculty Fellows Program strengthens NLU’s ongoing commitment to faculty excellence. The program provides meaningful and enriching opportunities for NLU faculty to engage in projects that connect their interests and expertise with NLU programmatic, institutional, and student needs, consistent with the university’s mission.
Benefits of Joining the Faculty Fellows Program:
- Receive a course release as negotiated with the Department Chair/Unit Director and/or Dean
- Develop innovative new programs and services that engage students in active learning and development within and outside the classroom;
- Add value to students’ education through special research projects, campus-wide programmatic initiatives, and other high-profile projects;
- Share your skills and expertise in new and unique ways that benefit both you and the university;
- Become further engaged with the programs and services available to NLU students;
- Learn about changing student demographics and the challenges and opportunities of working on a diverse campus.
The NLU Digital Commons hosts NLU scholarship in open access, where works are available world-wide without restriction. The purpose is to widely disseminate NLU scholarship and archive these works in a permanent repository. Works and services include:
- NLU Dissertations
- Faculty research pages
- Conferences and research forums sponsored by NLU
- Peer-reviewed journals on action research: i.e. inquiry in education
- Link to the NLU Digital Commons