The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) promote scholarly inquiry into student learning to advance the practice of teaching through the dissemination of the subsequent research findings.The dissemination of research findings to an audience of peers contributes to the evidence base of what constitutes good teaching (e.g. that which promotes student learning and desired outcomes and is recognized by student satisfaction, peer review). Similarly the use of an evidence based approach also known as scholarly teaching positions teaching in a post secondary setting as a research theme and faculty development priority for institutions seeking to contribute to the post-secondary teaching and learning knowledge base .
Below are links to information, articles, examples, journals, conferences, associations, and other resources dedicated to SoTL.
- Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (JoSOTL)
- The International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (ISSOTL)
- Practice and Evidence of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (PESTLHE)
- "Transformative Dialogues: Teaching and Learning Journal"
- International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning
- The Role of Online Communities in Developing SOTL
- Illinois State University SoTL website
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- Carnegie Foundation's Knowledge Media Laboratory
- Indiana University SoTL website
- University of Glasgow's beSoTLed website
- Visible Knowledge Project and Index
- University of Wisconsin System SoTL website
- Journal of the NUS Teaching Academy (JNUSTA)