Video/DVD Search & Request
To search for videos and DVDs you will need to use the NLU Book Catalog. You may request videos/DVDs the same way you would a book - by clicking on the "Request Item" tab in the catalog record. Students are not allowed to check out NLU videos or DVDs. However, students may call 847-947-5503 or 1-800-443-5522, x5503 and request to view a video or DVD at one of the NLU Campus.
NOTE: We can no longer accept video/DVD requests in advance. Faculty must now request videos/DVDs through the NLU catalog closer to the date they wish to use the item. Videos and DVDs may be checked out to faculty for 1 week with one 1 week renewal. Videos or DVDs can be renewed online (as you would books. Click here for details).
To search for videos/DVDs, follow the steps below:
- Go to the NLU Catalog (under Find It > Books) and click on "Advanced Search".
- You can search by Keyword, Subject, Title, or Author to find the video(s) by entering your term in the search box.
- To limit your search to videos & DVDs, scroll down to Format and check the box for Film/Video.
- Then click Find.
To request the item, follow the same steps for requesting a book.
- Click the title of the video/DVD and then click on the "Request Item" tab located in the blue navigation bar in the lower part of the screen.
- You will be prompted to log in to your account. Log in with your username and password (if you do not have an account, you will need to create one. Click here for information).
- Once you log in, you will be asked to "Choose item." This will be NLU Video (Wheeling).
- Then "Choose pick-library." Select "National-Louis University" from the list of libraries.
- Then "Choose pick-up location." Select the NLU campus library from which you would like to pick up the item.
- Click on the "Request" button at the bottom.
- NOTE: The loan period for videos/DVDs is one week. However, you may renew the item for one additional week.
- The NLU video/DVD collection is for educational purposes.
- Only NLU faculty may check out videos and DVDs.
- NLU students may request and view videos and DVDs on campus only. Students who need a video or DVD for classroom use must ask the instructor to check out it for them.
- If you have any questions, please call Wheeling Campus Library at 847-947-5503 or 1-800-443-5522, x5503