NLU Book Catalog: Renewing Books Online
You can renew your books online by logging into to your NLU Catalog account.
Log in to your NLU Catalog account
- Go to the NLU Library’s home page and click on Books under “Find It” in the top left quadrant of the page.
- Click on NLU Catalog to search for books located at NLU Campus Libraries.
- Click on the Login link in the upper right corner of the page.
- Log in to your account by typing in your username and password.
- If you do not have an account, click on Create New Account.
- Choose a username & password to access all functions of the catalog. We recommend using your NLU Portal username and password. Your password can be reset if you forget it, but not your username so choose a name you will remember.
- You will also need your 14-digit Library ID#, found on your MY NLU Portal page, to enter as your Barcode. You will only need this information once to set up your account.
Renew your books online
- Once you have logged in, click on the Checked Out Items link on the right side of the page.
- You will see all of the items you currently have checked out and their due dates.
- Check the Renew box next to the title of the book you wish to renew.
- Then click Renew Selected Items located under your list of books.
- NOTE: NLU books can only be renewed twice and some books may not be renewable.
- After you have renewed the item, you will have a new Due Date and the Status of the book will changed to "Renewed."
- Once you have finished renewing your items, remember to log out of your account by clicking on the Log Out link at the top right corner of the screen.
For more information or help, call a campus library at 800.443.5522, Chicago x3376 / Lisle x4530 / North Shore x2288 / Wheeling x5503. Or email email@example.com.