Before paying your bill online, please check your account balance by selecting the link Account Summary by Term. You can find this link by logging in to your student portal and following this path:
Student Services > Financial Aid
Information about Monthly Statements/Invoices
- Each month the Student Finance Office produces an electronic statement/invoice for all students. Students are responsible for accessing the statement.
- The monthly statement is intended to keep students regularly informed of their account status. It itemizes activity during the previous month and reflects the account balance.
- The statement does not reflect payment arrangements or anticipated payments from outside sources (financial aid, employers, private scholarships). Instead, it simply reflects all charges and payments to date so that the student has a clear understanding of what has been charged and the remaining balance due. That balance may be due from a financial aid program, a third party, or at a later date based on the student’s payment plan. Please remember, ultimately all University charges are the student’s responsibility so a clear monthly statement of the amounts charged and payments received to date and an amount of the funds yet to be received is very important.
- The sum of future charges may also be listed on the monthly statement
- An amount labeled "CR" on the electronic statement is a credit balance
- Students may have a statement created even if they have a zero balance. We believe it is important to produce a statement that reflects any activity that occurred during a month even when the net result of that activity is a zero balance. We also believe that most students like and some may need a statement that reflects that the account was paid in full.
- Instructions on making an online payment or viewing your monthly statement can be found in the student portal. Please log into the student portal by following this link: NLU Student Portal.