- Is it necessary to complete the Promissory Note each term?
- Do I have to pay the $95 tuition deposit?
- What if I wish to change my option?
- Do I have to sign up for a payment plan if I am covered in full by financial aid?
- How much is the tuition? Are there any additional fees?
- What is my balance?
- When is the balance due?
- I chose the deferred payment plan as my primary payment plan. How much are my payments and when are they due?
- What will happen if my account is past due?
- What if my account is past due for the current term and a new term is beginning? Will the charges carry over into the next term?
- Why did I receive a statement? I have a zero balance.
- If I receive financial aid (or other funds) that is in excess of tuition/fees, will I receive a refund?
- What will happen if I withdraw from classes?
- I need an itemized tuition reimbursement invoice. How can I get that?
- What is the student fee?
No. Once you select a payment plan option, the option remains the same unless you wish to change it.
If you would like to change your payment plan, you must complete a new Promissory Note. When completed, you can fax it to 847.465.5894 or mail it to our office at 1000 Capitol Drive, Wheeling IL 60090. The NLU Promissory note can be found on the forms page of our website.
Yes. All students are required to select a payment option.
For a complete list of tuition and fees, please visit the Tuition and Fee Summary web page. Students enrolled less than half-time are charged a $50 per term student fee. Half-time and full-time enrolled students are charged a $125 per term student fee. Late fees are assessed for past due balances at a rate of no more than $15 per month.
Real-time account information is available at http://my.nl.edu. Account statements are posted electronically each month.
Your due date depends on the payment plan that you choose. Most payment plans require that you make a payment by the first day of the term. Account statements are posted electronically each month and can be viewed through your student portal. Statements will have your current balance and the due date.
I chose the deferred payment plan as my primary payment plan. How much are my payments and when are they due?
Under the deferred payment plan, incurred for the term will be divided into 3 equal installments requiring payments of one-third plus $35 payment plan fee by the first day of classes, one third on the 30th day following the first class, and the final one-third on the 60th day following the first class. Payment more than 30 days past due will be subject to late fees of up to $15 a month.
Past due balances are subject to late fees of up to $15 a month.
What if my account is past due for the current term and a new term is beginning? Will the charges carry over into the next term?
No. If your account is past due at the end of a current term, registration for the following terms may be cancelled. Please contact our office for more information.
NLU issues monthly account statements to students with a past, current, or future balance and to students who had account activity since the last account statement. A statement will be generated even if the balance is zero if there was any account activity since the previous monthly statement.
If I receive financial aid (or other funds) that is in excess of tuition/fees, will I receive a refund?
Yes. Refunds are processed after all charges (tuition, fees, etc.) are paid. Your refund will be processed within 14 days of posting a credit balance. Refund checks are printed on Tuesdays and Thursdays and mailed out unless a request to pick up on campus was received.
Most employers ask for an official itemized tuition reimbursement invoice in order to pay for the classes. Our office is responsible for processing these invoices. To request a tuition reimbursement invoice, please call us at (888) 658-8632, option 3, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your e-mail your NLU ID number and the terms for which you need an invoice; for each term a separate invoice will be processed.