- Adhere to the Satisfactory Progress requirements (2.00 GPA for Undergraduates, 3.00 GPA for graduates and 67% pace) in order to remain eligible to have a federal work study position. Information regarding SAP requirements can be found here.
- Submit all required hiring documents to the Student Employment Office via email at FWS@nl.edu or fax at 847.947.5443. Required employment forms can be found here. All required documents must be submitted before you may begin working.
- You may begin working once you have received an authorization email from the Student Finance Office.
- You will be notified of your federal work study funding allocation for the year. You may not work in excess of that funding amount.
- You may work up to 20 hours per week. Student employees who work more than 5 but less than 7.5 hours in a given day are required to take one 15 minute paid break. Employees who work 7.5 or more hours in a given day are required to take two 15 minute paid breaks and one 30 minute unpaid meal break. The two 15 minute paid breaks may not be used to shorten the work day. With approval from a supervisor, the two 15 minute break periods may be added to the 30 minute meal break to yield a one hour meal break. Schedule changes must have prior approval by the supervisor.
- Once you begin working you will need to note your hours worked each day in the NLU portal online timesheet. You must work all the hours you submit on your timecard. Timesheets are submitted every two weeks for supervisor approval.
- You cannot work during scheduled class time. Provide your supervisor with your course schedule when determining what hours you will work during the week.
- Review the Guidelines for Student Employees.
- Notify the Student Finance Office at FWS@nl.edu if you resign from your job or withdraw from one or more classes. If you are not enrolled at least half-time (6+ quarter hours for undergraduate students, 3+ semester hours for graduate students) you are ineligible to work.
- Contact the Student Finance Office if you would like to transfer to a new position.
- Adhere to all University policies noted in the Student Guide Handbook which can be found here.
Federal Work-Study Confirmation
By typing my name below, I certify that I have read and understand the terms and conditions of being a FWS Student Employee and I agree to abide by those conditions.