What is Work Study?
Work study is a part-time job that helps pay for your National Louis University education. The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program pays you an hourly wage for a job on the NLU campus or with an approved community organization. Work study is a need-based form of financial aid, and eligibility is determined by the information you provide on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Benefits of Work Study
We do our best to match work-study students with jobs related to your field of interest. Here are some of the benefits of work study at NLU:
- Competitive pay rates
- Convenient locations on and off campus
- Development of marketable skills
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate students
- Hands-on work experience in your field
- Professional development and support
How to Apply for Work Study
Follow these steps to get a great work-study job at NLU:
- Complete the application for a work study position
- You will receive a work-study award notification via e-mail
- View for open positions here:
Available positions for the 2016-2017 academic year will be posted at https://jobs.nl.edu/ when the system is ready for use. If you would like a list of available positions, please send a request via email to FWS@nl.edu.
- Contact the work-study supervisor listed with the position and send a resume and cover letter
- If you are chosen for the position, have your supervisor sign the Student Employment Authorization Form and send it to the work-study coordinator
- Fill out the following employment forms online:
- Fill out the following employment forms and email them to email@example.com or fax them to 847.947.5894.
- Start working and earning money toward your education!
Hire NLU Students
We are moving to a new system for student employment and the system must be used to request student employees.
However, the system is not ready for use, so in the meantime if you are an NLU department that wants to hire hard working NLU students, please fill out the Job Position Request form. If you are a supervisor who would like to re-hire a previous work study employee please fill out the Re-Hire a Student Employee form.
Federal Work Study Positions at off campus Community Service Agencies
National Louis is proud to partner with Community Service Agencies who wish to hire a student employee. Below are the necessary forms to post a position with NLU and request a student employee. These forms should be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 847.947.5443.
- 2015-2016 Community Service Contract
- 2016-2017 CS Employer Needs Assessment
- CS Job Description
- 2015-2016 CS Employer Needs Assessment ContractAttachment A Student Form1617 CS Questionnaire