The Founders Scholarship is a need-based award that is given to eligible students. The maximum award a student can receive for the academic year is $3,200. Students must complete a FAFSA to be considered for the scholarship.
- Full admission to an undergraduate degree program at National Louis University
- Completion of the FAFSA (Students must meet all federal financial aid eligibility requirements to be considered for the scholarship.)
- An Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of less than or equal to $7,000
- A minimum of 16 quarter hours of accepted college transfer credits
- A transfer GPA of at least 3.00
- Eligibility for the scholarship is reviewed annually. Must maintain a cumulative 3.00 GPA or higher to remain eligible each term.
- Enrollment in at least 10 quarter hours per academic term
- Students will be awarded $800 per term if enrolled in 12+ hours. Students enrolled in 10-11 hours will be awarded $600 per term.
- The scholarship can be awarded until the student has reached 180 quarter hours of combined transfer and institutional coursework
- Students are only eligible for one institutional resource per academic year
- Scholarship is not refundable to the student, can only be used to cover tuition costs
- Students must adhere to all the University policies noted in the Catalog in order to remain eligible to receive NLU Scholarships.
Please Note: All National Louis Scholarships require U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status. Undocumented students who meet the criteria may apply to receive the Harrison Professional Pathways Scholarship for Undocumented Students. International students who meet the criteria may apply to receive the NLU Alumni Choice and PTK Scholarships. International students who apply for but are not awarded the PTK Scholarship are ineligible to receive the NLU Platinum or National Louis scholarships as both require U.S. citizenship or permanent residency status.