“Education, then, beyond all other devices of human origin, is the great equalizer of the conditions of men, the balance-wheel of the social machinery.” —Horace Mann
We invite each of our alums to nominate someone they know—a child, a grandchild, a neighbor, friend, friend of a friend, or even a professional associate—as a candidate for the Alumni Choice Scholarship. This scholarship offers each new, eligible student up to 10% off their total tuition for any degree program.
Here's what the Alumni Choice Scholarship can mean to a future undergraduate, graduate or doctoral student that you nominate:
- Undergraduates: A Scholarship for up to $7,326
- Graduates: A Scholarship for up to $2,678
- Doctoral students: A Scholarship for up to $4,464
The Alumni Choice Scholarship is open to first-time undergraduate and graduate students. To be eligible the new student must:
- Meet enrollment requirements and be admitted to a degree program of their choice,
- Be either a full-time undergraduate student; or
- A full-time graduate student or a graduate student in a cohort;
- Continuously enrolled through graduation (summers are optional);
- Maintain the following grade points: Undergraduate: 2.75, Graduate: 3.25
- Have Recommendation Letter submitted prior to end of student's first term
- Students must adhere to all the University policies noted in the Catalog in order to remain eligible to receive NLU Scholarships.
This opportunity is not open to Harrison Professional Pathway students, students who have completed their first term, or other select partnership programs. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and nomination is easy. To recommend a worthy candidate, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your address, the address of the nominee, and a thoughtful explanation of why the nominee is deserving of this tuition discount. Please note that alumni are limited to recommending one person for the scholarship.
Please note that students are only eligible to receive one institutional resource per academic year.
Please Note: All National Louis Scholarships require U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status. Undocumented students who meet the criteria may apply to receive the Harrison Professional Pathways Scholarship for Undocumented Students. International students who meet the criteria may apply to receive the NLU Alumni Choice and PTK Scholarships. International students who apply for but are not awarded the PTK Scholarship are ineligible to receive the NLU Platinum or National Louis scholarships as both require U.S. citizenship or permanent residency status.