- When will my loans disburse?
- What if the term has begun and my loan funds have not disbursed to my account?
- What happens when my loan funds are disbursed to my NLU student account?
- How will my credit balance or refund be disbursed to me?
- How do I sign up for direct deposit?
- What happens to my loans if my enrollment status changes?
- How can I view my loan status and when my loan posted to my account?
- How can I cancel my loans?
Your loans will disburse according to the disbursement schedule which typically begins during the second week after the add/drop period has ended.
There are several reasons why your loan funds have not yet disbursed. Among the possible reasons are:
- You may not have completed your FAFSA
- You may not have provided our office with additional documentation
- Your Loan Acceptance Form has not been received
- You may not have completed Entrance Counseling for Direct Loans
- You may not have completed Master Promissory Note for Direct Loans
Tuition and fees are paid and any excess funds will result in a refund to you or your parent in the case of a Parent PLUS Loan. To view your NLU account information, check your NLU portal.
National Louis University offers two methods of refund delivery. Paper check is the default option for receiving your refund. We also offer direct deposit to your checking or savings account.
Direct deposit sign up information was recently delivered to your NLU email address. You will need the login information contained in that email from Heartland-ECSI in order to sign up for direct deposit. Be sure to enroll after receiving the email or, if you choose not to enroll, please keep your mailing address up to date. If you misplaced the email, you can retrieve your login credentials by going to the following website:
- Enter in the Client Code: REF-6Q
- Enter in your Account ID: first two letters of your last name and your NLU ID (Example - Jane Smith, N00123456 = Account ID smn00123456)
- After entering the Client Code and Account ID, click the “Lost Password” link. Your password will be sent to your NLU email address.
Get your refund faster and without worrying about a lost or misdirected check. Call our office for additional information, 888-658-8632 x5350.
If your enrollment status changes, NLU will review your financial aid package and adjustments may occur. If you drop below half-time student status, you are not eligible for any loans.
Information from the Department of Education regarding your Direct Loan is available at: https://studentloans.gov.
A written statement needs to be either faxed to: 847-465-5894 or emailed to: email@example.com. The email must be sent directly from the student's NLU email address.
How can I get more information on student loans?
Read more about loans, including terms and conditions, at the Department of Education’s website: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/.