As part of our commitment to providing quality, affordable education, National Louis University offers a Graduate Assistant employment program. Graduate Assistant positions are available to graduate students to help finance their education. In exchange for working, graduate assistants receive a credit on their student account towards their tuition and fee charges. If accepted into the Graduate Assistant program, students may remain in the program until all of their degree requirements have been met.
Important Note: Students are only eligible to receive one NLU resource per academic year. The only exception to this policy is students who are awarded one of our institutional merit-based donor scholarships.
A student must:
- Be fully admitted to their graduate program of study
- Be enrolled at a minimum of half-time status
- Demonstrate financial need via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) www.fafsa.ed.gov. International students are not required to complete the FAFSA.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Not be NLU staff or faculty
- Competitive pay rates. Earn up to $18 per hour to be applied as a tuition credit.
- Convenient locations on-campus at one of our many campuses
- Development of marketable skills
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate student class schedules
- Get hands-on work experience to enhance your professional resume
Learn While You Earn!
How to Apply
- Complete your 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). International students are not required to complete the FAFSA.
- Apply for a graduate assistant position.
Hire NLU Graduate Students
- If you are an NLU department that would like to hire or re-hire a Graduate Assistant, please complete the Authorization to Employ (ATE) Request at jobs.nl.edu/hr.