The Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program provides an excellent opportunity for students to earn money from part-time employment to help pay for their National Louis University education. Work-study students are paid an hourly wage. Jobs are located both on-campus or with an approved off-campus community organization. Work-study is a need-based form of financial aid, and eligibility is determined by the information the student provides on their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
We are able to match work-study students with jobs related to their field of interest, in most cases. Here are some of the benefits of work-study at NLU:
- Competitive pay rates. Earn between $11 and $13 per hour!
Peer Tutor or Community Service Tutors earn up to $14.00 per hour
- Convenient locations on and off campus
Many positions available at our Chicago, Wheeling, North Shore, and Lisle campuses
- Development of marketable skills
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate student class schedules
- Get hands-on work experience to enhance your professional resume
- Opportunity to work during the summer, even if you are not registered for classes
Learn While You Earn!
A student must:
- Be fully admitted to their program of study
- Be enrolled at a minimum of half-time status
- Demonstrate financial need via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
How to Apply
- Complete your 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Apply for a work-study position
Community Service Agency Partnerships
Interested in partnering with NLU to offer work-study positions at your location?
Learn more about this exciting win-win partnership!
You provide the job and training, and we handle the payroll and provide the funding!