Recently, the Leadership Team of the CFPR voted to reformulate the former steering committee of the CFPR (with representation from cross-disciplines), creating, instead, "Networking Opportunities". The main vision of this network is: To connect from within and without; to grow, learn, collaborate as inquiring practitioners.
Our goals for this new network are to offer faculty the opportunity to:
- attend meetings at PK-12 sites and other practitioner sites, as requested by practitioners
- attend one meeting per year + one collaborative event with that site: encourage a collaborative activity to emerge—organic approach
- suggest sites that faculty are already working with, so that the sites become aware of and connected to the Center for Practitioner Research
- add the practitioner research component to their work in schools if not already doing so
- a way to mentor new faculty and enable them to connect to school site