Teacher Endorsement Offerings
Professional Development Opportunity
Comprehensive Intervention Model (CIM) Institute July 28-30, NIU Naperville Conference Center
This institute will assist school teams in planning and providing evidence based and tailored interventions for reversing learning difficulties. Register by July 20, 2015 to receive a reduced rate! Group rates available.
National Louis University offers a broad range of options for students looking to add expertise beyond their degree and expand their career opportunities through education and teaching endorsements.
NLU offers coursework that may lead to endorsements on the Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL)*. An education endorsement is a permanent addition to a PEL that permits a practicing teacher, administrator or school service professional to work in an additional content area. Please note that you must have at least a bachelor's degree to take graduate-level work.
Students may earn education and teaching endorsements as part of the following graduate, certificate, advanced study and doctoral programs:
- Administration and Supervision Graduate Degree (M.Ed. and Ed.S.) (Principal)
- Master's in Counseling - School Counselor concentration (M.S.)
- Doctorate in Educational Leadership (Ed.D.) (Superintendent)
- Reading Education Graduate Degrees (M.Ed. and C.A.S.)
- Education Specialist Degree in School Psychology (Ed.S.)
- Doctoral Degree in School Psychology (Ed.D.)
- Graduate Degrees in Special Education (M.Ed. and C.A.S.)
- Master of Education - Specialized Endorsements (M.Ed.) (LBS I, Reading Teacher, Bilingual/ESL)
- Master's in Technology in Education (M.Ed.)
- Master's in Teaching, Learning and Assessment with Teacher Leader major (M.Ed.)
The below endorsements can be earned as a stand-alone series of courses at NLU or as additions to a degree program:
- Bilingual Education Endorsement
- Director of Special Education Endorsement
- Early Childhood Special Education Approval
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Endorsement
- LBS I Endorsement
- Reading Teacher Endorsement
- School Counselor Endorsement
- Teacher Leader Endorsement (with 13 semester hours of Teacher Leader Major Required Courses)
Application rules and requirements vary for each program at NLU. Contact an enrollment specialist to receive program and registration information.