M.Ed. in Teaching, Learning, and Assessment with Teacher Leader Major
New NLU Program – currently available in Illinois and Florida!
National Louis University’s graduate program in Teaching, Learning, and Assessment (TLA) degree with a Teacher Leader major prepares educators who aspire to advanced leadership roles in a wide range of areas from coaching and mentoring teachers to designing curricula and assessing learning. You will function as an expert practitioner applying assessment to improve the learning of each student while conducting action research on your own teaching.
- In Illinois, applicants with previously earned Master’s degrees may earn an Endorsement in Teacher Leader by completing
13 semester hours of required major coursework and 5 hours
Consider the TLA Teacher Leader major at National Louis University (NLU) if you:
- Are interested in increasing your role as a professional in the area of teaching, learning, and assessment
- Would like to select a topic of major action research, as well as your focus for field and independent studies, that is centered in your own classroom and learning needs
- Enjoy weekly collaboration with classmates and faculty in developing solutions that make an immediate impact
- Want to incorporate differentiation, engaged learning, and digital literacy into your teaching practices
- Are looking for a Teacher Leader Endorsement in Illinois
Learn more about NLU's Master of Education degree programs >>
- Leadership and Organizational Development of Schools
- Constructing Curriculum for Engaging the Whole Child
- Supporting Teaching and Learning through Mentoring and Coaching
- Building School-Community Partnerships
- Differentiating for Diverse Learners
- Leading Diverse Schools
- Linking Assessment of Teaching and Learning
- Engaging with Critical Multicultural Perspectives
Fully on-site and blended formats, plus off-site cohort options
Students at our Illinois and Florida locations can take advantage of NLU's Master of Education in Teaching, Learning and Assessment with Teacher Leader Major program offered face-to-face, or in our new blended format designed to deliver the ultimate flexibility. The blended format includes the perfect mix of online coursework combined with face-to-face, dynamic interactive learning.
Building on its reputation for flexibility, NLU also offers classes at approved off-site locations throughout Illinois and Florida.
All applicants must meet NLU's general admission requirements as well as additional requirements specific to this program. Refer to the appropriate application checklist available online at nl.edu/applyonline.
Get more information today about enrolling in one of NLU's degree programs. Connect with an Enrollment Specialist or call 888.NLU.TODAY (888-658-8632).
Please note: The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) may change the state licensure and endorsement requirements at any time and without prior notice. Teacher candidates will be bound by the requirements in place when applying for licensure, not by the licensure requirements in place when beginning their program. That is, the state may specify that a new regulation is immediately applicable to all candidates with no provisions made for candidates who began their work on licensure under different regulations.