M.Ed. Specialized Endorsements
National Louis University offers a unique opportunity for practicing teachers to obtain a master's degree while building their pedagogic content knowledge in designated teacher shortage areas as they progress through their program. Candidates choose endorsement preparation from two of six areas: ESL, ESL/Bilingual Education, Early Childhood Special Education, Reading, Special Education and Middle Level Mathematics. This innovative new program allows you to enhance your employability via graduate-level studies that prepare you to positively impact schools and student learning outcomes.
Consider getting your Master of Education Specialized Endorsements degree at National Louis University (NLU) if you:
- Want to earn endorsements in two of six in-demand areas:
- ESL/Bilingual Education
- Early Childhood Special Education (online only)
- Middle Level Mathematics
- Special Education
- Want to improve learning outcomes in your school
- Seek a professional learning experience to develop work-related knowledge and skills
- Wish to increase your employability by expanding your content expertise with multiple endorsements in addition to the overall credibility of a high quality master's degree
- Are looking for a unique program to help you stand out from others in the job market with a general master’s degrees
Learn more about licensures and teaching endorsement programs at NLU >>
- Deeper skills — Candidates enjoy professional development from a full master’s program, enabling them to make an impact on student learning outcomes and overall school performance.
- Real-world applications — Faculty-directed field activities show candidates how to apply what they’ve studied to learning environments.
- Integrated approach — The program's capstone project helps candidates bring together everything they've learned in an effective approach to the classroom.
- In-demand specializations — Candidates earn endorsements in two teacher shortage areas of education today
- Career development — Throughout their studies, candidates have access to online career development resources, assessments and exercises, to help them move closer to securing a position as an Advanced Placement Teacher, Master Teacher or Teacher Leader.
NLU offers an online course of study in all six endorsements so that you can earn your Master’s and two endorsements completely online.
Employment in content specialist is projected to grow 7 percent from 2014 to 2024, about as fast as the average for all occupations.
Employment growth is expected as schools focus on evaluating and improving curriculums and teachers' effectiveness. Schools are focusing on the teachers' role in improving students' learning. Content specialists can provide training for teachers in curriculum changes and teaching techniques, thereby helping schools to meet standards in student achievement.
NLU has a long-standing reputation for its education and teacher development programs, and is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). Since 1886, we've professionally developed thousands of educators. Our alumni help us locate opportunities for additional fieldbased experiences and serve as an excellent resource for candidates seeking career advice and/or information about latest job openings in the communities we serve.
The Masters of Education in Specialized Endorsements serves professionals interested in earning a masters Degree and seeking to develop instructional material, coordinate its implementation with teachers and principals, and assess its effectiveness. This program meets the needs of talented professionals seeking to advance their career by developing a deep understanding of pedagogical content knowledge in a selection of subject areas.
All applicants must meet NLU's general admission requirements as well as additional requirements specific to this program. Refer to the appropriate application checklist available online at nl.edu/applyonline.
Get more information today about enrolling at NLU. Connect with an Enrollment Specialist.