Named to 50 Best Online Master's Degree Programs by SuperScholar
10% McCormick Ctr. Scholarship
M.Ed. in Early Childhood Administration
National Louis University’s Master of Education in Early Childhood Administration is an online degree program designed for current and aspiring leaders of center and home-based early childhood programs. A master's in early childhood administration is also appropriate for other early childhood administration professionals such as preschool owners, Head Start component coordinators, and consultants who work with early childhood programs. Students admitted into the online Master's in Early Childhood Administration program will have the opportunity to work toward attainment of the Illinois Level III Directors Credential while fulfilling the requirements for their graduate degree. Students work together as a cohort throughout their studies, building lasting relationships and contacts.
Choose NLU's online Master's in Early Childhood Administration if you:
- Want to seek an advanced education with the skills to reach a higher level of professional competence as a leader in the field of early childhood education
- Have a baccalaureate degree
- Want to complete your master’s in as little as 21 months
- Want the convenience of an online education
- How to develop supervision and staff development strategies
- How to evaluate the financial and legal aspects of child care administration
- How to conduct educational inquiry and assessment
- A broad understanding of the impact family, community, students and schools have upon each other
- A broad understanding of organizational theory, group dynamics and leadership applications
Employment for early childhood administrators is projected to grow about 8 percent between 2008 and 2018. Job opportunities should be excellent due to a large number of expected retirements and fewer applicants.
NLU students are recognized by school principals as teachers who are comfortable in the classroom, can improve student performance and understand how schools are run.
NLU has a long-standing reputation for its education and administrator training programs and is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). Since 1886, NLU has trained thousands of educators and early childhood administrators and continues to graduate the majority of winners honored by Illinois’ two Golden Apple Foundations with one of the most prestigious teaching and leadership honors in the state. Our instructors bring both academic skills and their extensive leadership experience to the classroom, which brings unique depth to NLU’s master's in education and administration programs.
NLU's Master of Education in Early Childhood Administration is offered 100% online, connecting Illinois and Florida residents to a diverse community of students from across the nation.
All applicants must meet NLU's general admission requirements as well as additional requirements specific to this program. Refer to the appropriate application checklist available online at nl.edu/applyonline.
Get more information today about enrolling in in one of NLU's degree programs. Connect with an Enrollment Specialist or call 888.NLU.TODAY (888-658-8632).