- What is LiveText?
- What are the benefits of LiveText?
- How do I sign up for LiveText?
- What support is available to learn how to use LiveText?
LiveText is an Internet-based subscription website that allows students and instructors to create, share, and collaborate on projects. Students can upload their work, align it to current standards, and share it with other students, appropriate instructors, and potential employers of their choosing. The initial component of LiveText being implemented at NLU is the "Electronic Portfolio". This portfolio tool is the main focus of many programs at National College of Education and is a requirement for licensure and graduation. In the past, paper-based 3-ring binders have been the traditional form of portfolio. Also, students assembled their portfolios towards the end of the student's program. Today, students gradually add to their portfolios in an effort to make sure that students are aware of the specific standards and pedagogy of the program. NCE is convinced that this form of student assessment is in keeping with its historic Mission.
- Allows for easy alignment with the latest state and federal standards for teacher education programs. Students can easily show “proof” that they have completed requirements.
- Instructors can easily track the progress of the portfolio by accessing it online.
- Allows students to showcase their work to future employers and others. This can include worksheets, lesson plans, and photos of classroom activities.
- Allows for easier creation of your portfolio. Files are backed up and accessible in LiveText in case something happens to your computer.
- Privacy is yours until you wish to share your work with others.
- It costs less than $15 per quarter (in most programs).
- LiveText can be accessed from multiple locations: school, work, & home.
- Helps organize materials for portfolios.
- Students will increase their technology skills by using LiveText.
- Eliminates the need for bulky 3-ring binders.
Students can register their account directly through LiveText’s website. A valid credit card or debit card and an NLU provided email address is required to complete the registration.
Please remember: Nothing substitutes for active use of the LiveText site.
- Everyone is encouraged to familiarize themselves with the various features.
- As with many software programs, individual practice is expected.
Once you have registered and logged onto the website, a Help button appears in the upper right corner of the screen.You can request support directly from LiveText. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
- The most recent User Guide on this page will provide you with over 60 pages of detailed support
Once familiar with the product, additional requests for support may be sent to email@example.com.
You may also call the help desk at (866) 813 - 1177.