Questions Your Students May Have For You
- Who is going to review my portfolio in LiveText?
- Will you be reviewing my portfolio?
- I am graduating soon. Do I need to do this?
- Are you going to make me do this?
- This is going to take a lot more time. How am I going to get all of this done?
- Where can I go for help?
- My syllabus integrates or requires LiveText somehow.
- I know who will be reviewing portfolios.
- I know I can arrange for a LiveText expert to visit my classes by emailing email@example.com with dates, times, and campuses.
- I know that I can attend a training session myself.
This varies with every program since the process is determined by the faculty that makes up the program. In some cases, your instructor will actually review and apply a rubric to your portfolio each quarter. In other programs, it will be reviewed periodically throughout your courses. In some programs, they may not review your portfolio until the end of your coursework.
Answer #1: No, but I need to make sure you are updating your portfolio. You will probably do something in this class that should be put into your portfolio, so just print it out once you have put it in Livetext and hand it in. I will know if it is in Livetext because the print-out shows their emblem.
Answer#2: Yes, we will be sharing documents back and forth during this course. I will explain how to set-up the sharing feature so that you send and resend it to me to comment on.
This is a college-wide requirement and has been since January 2003. Unless if you have special dispensation from the program chair, then Yes, you have to do this.
If its in my syllabus, then I recommend you do it. You can bring it up to the program chair if you have questions.
Actually, the bulk of the time will still be in doing your assignments. It only takes a few minutes to copy and paste or attach a document into LiveText. As you get better at LiveText, you will see it becomes easier. Keep in mind that many of the skills you will be performing in LiveText are required of teachers in schools these days. You are only strengthening skills you will need when you become a teacher.
- Please remember:Nothing substitutes for active use of the LiveText site.
- Everyone is encouraged to familiarize themselves with the various features.
- As with many software programs, individual practice is expected.
- Once you have registered and logged onto the website, a Help buttonappears in the upper right corner of the screen.
- The most recent User Guide on this page will provide you with over 60 pages of detailed support
- Visit http://www.nl.edu/portfolios
- Call Livetext at 866-548-3839
- Once familiar with the product, additional requests for troubleshooting may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Many aspects of LiveText Support are available on this site. Click here for our Beginning Steps page.