The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) at National Louis University was created with a clear purpose: to provide a superior education in the social and behavioral sciences, as well as the humanities, for career-focused college students and working adults. We offer bachelor’s degrees in the arts and sciences and social and behavioral sciences, as well as master’s and doctoral degrees in service-oriented professions like psychology, adult education and counseling and an M.A. in Written Communication. Service is at the center of our mission: to be a resource and support to non-traditional students and supply them with the tools to become leaders in their community.
Why Choose CAS?
Here are some of the top reasons why CAS is the right choice for you:
- Practical Knowledge – We design our curriculum to focus on applied knowledge. Everything you learn — whether fundamental or advanced — can be used to solve real-world problems.
- Academic Excellence – Our experienced faculty bring a high level of academic rigor to each of our degree programs, and our graduate degrees in psychology and adult education are among the best in Chicago.
- Flexibility – With convenient locations across Chicago and the region, evening and weekend classes, plus online and Web-enhanced courses, we make it easier for working adults to earn a degree.
- Access – We have always opened our doors to non-traditional and underserved student populations, including non-native English speakers, older students, and those who need extra help and support to get their degree. There is a place for you at CAS.
- Service – Under the leadership of Dean Chris Cassirer, Sc.D., our mission is to educate and train a diverse spectrum of students to give back to their communities. That’s why our historic focus has been on service professions like counseling, public policy and community psychology. Together we can make a difference.