New Program! MBA in Nonprofit Management
Learn how to harness your individual strengths to maximize your potential as a leader, with an emphasis in nonprofit management. National Louis University's Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Nonprofit Management combines the strength of the MBA program curriculum with the deeper study of management issues and operations unique to nonprofit organizations, such as nonprofit governance, fundraising and strategic philanthropy, and program evaluation. With a focus on the principle of authentic leadership, students learn all aspects of how today's business professionals achieve results and drive positive organizational impact by leading from a place of passion, integrity and relationship development.
Consider getting your Master's in Nonprofit Management at National Louis University (NLU) if you:
- Want to develop the skills and knowledge required to be an effective leader and organizational change agent, with a focus on authentic leadership
- Want to enter or excel in the exciting and vast professional area of nonprofit management
- Wish to increase your real-world business acumen through solving business problems in class, growing your teamwork skills, and learning to think and manage strategically
- Are looking to network and make connections that will stay with you throughout your career
Within the generalist MBA portion of the program, students gain a solid foundation of business knowledge, including the ability to analyze organizational issues, evaluate possible alternatives, and determine appropriate actions through the application of finance, economics, strategy, organizational and human resources, and marketing. Over the course of their studies, students gain a heightened understanding of how to enhance their own leadership effectiveness through self-assessment, simulation and reflection.
With the added specialization in nonprofit management, students concentrate on developing skills and experience to enable them to:
- Effectively manage programs and initiatives of mission-driven nonprofit organizations
- Recognize, assess and address major organizational issues through developing skills in program evaluation
- Build relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Contribute to successful fundraising campaigns
- Sustain and expand strong nonprofits that contribute to vital communities and human welfare
The concentration incorporates hands-on experiences throughout the coursework and incorporates applied projects in each of the courses.
- Designed to deliver ultimate flexibility for today’s adult students.
- The perfect blend of online coursework combined with face-to-face, dynamic interactive learning.
- Cohort model supports a sense of community and team building with the same group of students throughout the program.
- Illinois MBA program students meet every other week.
- Florida MBA program students meet once per term.
The MBA in Nonprofit Management program is also available face-to-face and fully online.
The career outlook for general business, as well as nonprofit management, is strong.
The Graduate Management Admission Council’s Corporate Recruiters Survey 2015 indicates positive hiring trends for MBA graduates across a wide range of industries. The proportion of employers seeking new business school graduates continued to show a strong upward trend in 2015, as 84 percent of companies planned to add recent MBAs to their workforce.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs within the nonprofit sector will grow by 21 percent between 2012 and 2022. This compares to an 11 percent average growth for all U.S. occupations.
Nonprofits include organizations such as hospitals, churches, educational institutions, social welfare organizations and charitable organizations. Managers perform duties such as planning, directing and coordinating the daily operations of establishments. They also are generally involved in the financial and budgetary aspects of the business. The management occupational group includes managers of individual functions, such as fundraising, program development, member services, human resources and volunteer management, and others, as well as CEOs and top-level managers.
Some of the career options for MBA in Nonprofit Management students include:
- Program Director/Manager
- Advocacy Director
- Campaign Manager
- Association Executive
- Community Organizer
- Corporate Giving Director
- Development Director
- Event Team Manager
- Foundation Director
- Fundraising /Development Professional
- Grant Administrator
- Volunteer Director
- Leadership-focused curriculum — Provides students with foundational business knowledge with a unique emphasis and process to develop individualized leadership skills.
- "Quality Matters" standards — Online courses are developed under the rigorous standards of Quality Matters, ensuring the promotion of student engagement and an excellent learning experience.
- In-depth study of nonprofit management and operations – Concentrate on subjects that nonprofit leaders need to know, including governance, operations, fundraising, and program evaluations
- Accessible faculty — With extensive professional experience and a track record of successfully training and mentoring adult learners. NLU's typical student-to-professor ratio is 20:1, ensuring a high level of personal interaction
- Adult-focused program — Offered in a format designed for the professional development of adult learners.
- Diversity — A supportive student population from a wide range of backgrounds and life and career experiences.
On-site, Online and Blended Format Options
Students at our Illinois and Florida locations can take advantage of NLU's MBA in Nonprofit Management offered face-to-face, 100% online or in our new blended format designed to deliver the ultimate flexibility. The blended format includes the perfect mix of online coursework combined with face-to-face, dynamic interactive learning. Florida residents who choose the MBA in Nonprofit Management online format will join a diverse community of learners from Chicago and across the nation.
All applicants must meet NLU's general admission requirements, as well as additional requirements specific to this program. Refer to the appropriate application checklist available online at nl.edu/applyonline.
Get more information today about enrolling at NLU to pursue your master's in nonprofit management. Connect with an Enrollment Specialist or call 888.NLU.TODAY (888-658-8632).